Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Employment - Part I

I had an itnerview today for a peer helper position with Carleton for the next school year. I had the interview at 1:30pm and got a call from the, at 3:30ish saying that I had received the job. I will be assisting the Career Services Department 5 hours a week during the school terms. It isn't really great pay - as a matter of fact it is crap pay - I get $250 at the end each term. BUT I should get really good networking contacts as I will be assisting with co-ordinating the job fairs on campus - the engineering ones too. It will also look good on my resume as it will be good references and show another side of my capabilities as an employee.

I also got an email from my boss at the City of Ottawa, where I have worked for the past two summers. As some of you know, I screwed up my applications to the City this year as they closed earlier than I was expecting and therefore didn't end up applying for any of the jobs I wanted including my old job. After some work on his part, my boss got me my job which is great. I will admit that I didn't really want to work there again this summer - I wanted one of the enviro jobs in the City, but was going to apply to my old job as a backup since it is good pay and engineering work. I am really appreciative though that my boss would go to so much trouble to get my job back after I screwed up the application.

My summer employment plan is to work at the City for $12.50/hour from 7:30am to 3:00pm everyday and then hopefully get another job at a Shoppers or Blockbuster or Subway or something around where I live and work there on the weekends and then keep that job as I go into the next school year. I will have to wait and see what happens with that part though as I don't really have time to go out and search for that job just yet - maybe during the exam period I will start that. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP