Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Polling Station

So I had a great idea for a new poll but then lost it and can’t come up with a good one since. Or it could be that the one I had wasn’t that great to begin with and I can’t come up with anything good at all. So it will probably be a few days until I can think of something decent enough to put up for my November poll, but if I can’t think of something soon I will put anything up.

While we are speaking of polls however, today is Election Day for the US. I am so excited to get Bush out of the Whitehouse once and for all. How that man stayed in power for so long is beyond me. I am routing for Obama, which if you knew me at all would be quite obvious - I don’t think the two party system in the states is all that great, but I am definitely a democrat when forced to choose one over the other. This has been the longest and most expensive election in the history of America and I am really hoping that something positive and historic comes out of all this time and money. Although, no matter who wins history will be made either the first African American president or the first female vice president. If you are American – get out and vote today and have a say in your country. The Canadians had a record low for our recent election, but it was a waste of time and money since there was very little chance of anything significant changing. You Americans, however, have the possibility for so much positive change and therefore should have a record high for voter turnout – go prove my theory right!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP