Friday, April 09, 2010

Garden 2010 Part I & II

PART I


I wasn’t sure if they would make it through the winter, as they weren’t very deep in the ground when the snow finally came, but the tulips lived. I first noticed they were sprouting in early March.P1020724er

As you can see from the photo above, the snow was still around when they started coming up. What you likely can’t see is the the flowers in the middle elliptical bed are not nearly as tall as the ones on the outer bed – likely because the snow took longer to leave that area.
I was really worried when they came up so early as a couple more nights of frost came after they had sprouted. But they made it through that too.
PART II
I unfortunately I didn’t get out in the garden until this past weekend to take some shots of the tulips.DSC_9873er This photo was taken the second day of April – don’t they look much livelier?! I do love my tulips.

3 comments:

Christine Sweeton 2:32 PM  

Why, why, why ....
Worst flower ever!

Unknown 8:07 PM  

You know you love 'em....okay you know I love 'em :)

Christine Sweeton 4:39 PM  

Yeah - So not true!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP