Friday, March 14, 2008

Unemployment

So I have been unemployed for 2 weeks now and am doing fine I suppose. I am just starting to get bored during the day and have been finding that I have tons of energy left at the end of the day, though that may be partly due to the fact that I sleep in every day despite my efforts to get up at a normal time.It is just so hard to dow hen you have no real reason to get up.
The time away from work has been really helping my weight loss and exercise though. I have been able to get in about an hour of exercise every day and it feels really great.
I had an interview on Wednesday, which went really well and I am feeling pretty good about. The man who interviewed me said that he would have to wait until another person (the guy who originially contacted me) got back from vacation on Monday but that they would definitely be contacting me early in the week. I think I will probably get asked to come back in for another interview. In the meantime I am reading up on Class Environmental Assessments and Infrastructure Planning as that is what my job would primarily be based upon. I took courses on both so I am ok in that department, I just need to refresh my memory about the basics incase I get asked any technical questions about them. They mentioned that they might want a copy of my transcript so I requested ab unch from the school already and hope they come in before the second interview - or at least shortly there after as I want to show that I am prepared and can think ahead and whatnot. Even if they aren't in, I will be able to say I requested them just after the last interview based on what we discussed blah blah blah. I hope I am able to go over the transcript with them to discuss with them that my environmental and even my civil courses have high marks despite the fact that some of my first and second year courses aren't that great. Though I think most people realize the life changes that are going on during that time and how they can impact your grades.
Other than that, I really have no new information. I have my fingers crossed about this job and even if I don't get it, at least I know now that I can interview well, since I was at ease throughout the whole thing and was able to answer all the questions asked of me. I always have the federal jobs, my clearance application is almost done and I should be able to start applying for those jobs through the hiring company at the end of the month.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP