Saturday, July 10, 2010

Disney Geography

Every month National Geographic sends me an email with highlights of their articles and images. I usually check them out but rarely post about them. Well this time they had images of Disney's more famous attractions next to the real-life locations they are based on. For example, the real-life Matterhorn and the Disney roller coaster ride.
"Which is the real Matterhorn? Robbed of scale, it's difficult to tell. Disneyland's roller coaster ride is built at 1/100th scale of the Matterhorn peak in the Pennine Alps between Switzerland and Italy. The 4,478 metre (14,692 foot) Matterhorn is on the left. the 45 metre (147 foot) Matterhorn is on the right." To check out the whole article (and the remaining images) go here.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP