Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Cold and Alone

I got back into Ottawa yesterday (through a big storm) only to be greeted by nothing and no one. The house was freezing and took a while to warm up to even a live-able condition let alone a comfortable one. Dad didn't spend any time at the house since he wanted to get back on the road before the storm got worse (luckily he made it home safe and sound in about 1.5times the length of the normal trip). None of the roommates are back in town until the 3rd of 5th, I forget which, and classes start on the 7th (so I am told) so they will definitely be back by then, but until then I am left all alone in the 5 person house. I keep hearing sounds from the neighbouring townhome as they walk around and live their lives. I don't usually hear them since my roommates make noises that cover them up, but when there is no one else to blame the noise on I had to make up excuses for them. My imagination is still really good even at age 23 and I kept dreaming up intruder scenarios and when the snowplow went by I thought someone had broken in for sure. Oh well, people will be back soon and Dave get back into the country on the 8th, back into Ottawa on the 9th or 10th. That's right, I am semi-counting down to his homecoming. Mind you we only get to spend 4 or 5 days together until I take off for London and then if he gets the Mississauga job we might only get a couple of days together when I get back until he has to move, but I am not thinking about that too much right now.

It was -27 degrees Celcius (with the windchill) this morning and I wore several scarves, my mittens and my hat to the bus stop. I put on two pairs of socks to keep my feet warm in the insualted boots I have but unfortunately forgot to further cover my legs so they were freezing by the time I walked from the bus stop to my building. Itook about 2 hours to fully warm up in here and I suspect it will take even longer by the time I get myself home tonight. I need to do some running around my little neighbourhood getting things that I need for the next couple of days, like bus tickets since I am not getting abus pass this month (the math doesn't add up). I left the heat on a tiny bit when I left this morning so I am hoping that my room won't be an complete ice box for me but rather just a chilly fridge or something. Perhaps I will do my exercise as soon as I get home with my coat on and everything to warm the place, and me, up faster.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP