Friday, April 10, 2009

Tulip Arrival

On Wednesday I went to check the temperature outside to see if I needed my winter coat or not - as I stepped out the back door I saw that the tulips Dave and I had planted literally just before winter hit, were beginning to sprout. It made me so happy. I love flowers in general but tulips are so pretty and so extremely photogenic. I showed them to Dave when he got home last night and he seemed pleasantly surprised that our last minute planting had worked. I spent some time out there this afternoon taking pictures of the little guys as I want to document their growth.
This is what the backyard looks like right now:
I want to get some grass seed as moving into the house and the planting of the tulips has destroyed the little bits of grass that we used to have. I also want to get some marigolds or other 'easy' flowers to have in some planters around the yard. I was also thinking of some rocks to put around the edges of the flower beds as they are currently blending in with the ground. I am so excited for Spring to be coming and even more excited to have my own backyard (well sort of) that I can make pretty and photogenic.

1 comments:

Christine Sweeton 8:49 PM  

You need to keep this as a 'Before' picture.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP