Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How to Tuesday: Open JPEG as Raw in Photoshop CS3

Since I started taking RAW files with my camera I have learned just how powerful the Photoshop RAW dialog box is. It is a wonderful tool for getting your photos to look really great – and to fix up any little mistakes you might have made while taking the photo originally.
My point and shoot camera that goes pretty much everywhere with me,  however, only takes JPEGs and I am therefore not able to make the changes I feel are necessary. The changes are even more necessary considering the almost complete lack of control I have on most of the settings.
Recently I discovered a way to open JPEGs in Photoshop’s RAW box and feel I should share that here with you.
First things first, open Photoshop. Then once that is done, go to File and then Open As.screen1 

Then select Camera Raw in the drop down box labelled Open As.screen2Now hit Open and you are ready to edit it as you would a regular RAW image.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP