Tuesday, May 13, 2008

8-5

I got a call today from one of the staffing companies I am registered with about a 2 week temporary administrative assistant job. I went down to their office to sign the paperwork (since I can't really be passing up job opportunities right now) and got the great news that it was actually going to be a 3 month contract position. It is from 8-5pm every weekday (as most regular jobs are). The job is basic administrative assistant work with some accounting work as well. As they are willing to train me in the accounting aspect of the job, I feel I am more than qualified for the position and will be able to excel in it. Hopefully that is what happens and I fit in well with their company and they want to keep me for the whole contract.

I am rather happy about it since I can now sign for a new home (rent of course) and be able to prove that I can pay for it and wait for it...wait for it...I can get my dSLR camera!! Anyone who has spoken more than three sentences with me lately knows how much I have been wanting it and now I can actually go and get it and not feel that I am screwing myself over. So my plans (unofficial right now) are to work for a couple weeks, make sure that I am not going to get fired or 'let go' right away and then go out and get my long desired camera. I am so excited. This day has been amazing, seeing houses I want to live in and getting a job (though I would have prefered an engineering job of course). This one though, with the accounting aspect, should be helpful, it is atleast a different job than what i have had before and shows yet another side of my skills, and of course I get new ones too. I will be able to use new programs and complete new tasks that may be desirable to other companies. At the very least, it is money.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP