Monday, May 05, 2008

Tulip Festival 2008

Today I ventured out to see the beautiful tulips of the Tulip Festival. It started this past weekend but because of the weather I didn't get a chance to get out there. I started out just heading to Chris' old place with a small pit stop at the university along the way. There is a bed of large red tulips there and a smaller bed of yellow ones near Chris' place, but along the way I saw some of the other side of the canal and felt impelled to get there - somehow. I ended up biking down the canal to Pretoria bridge, crossing and riding up to the Olympic Bed near Lansdowne Park, of course making stops along the way. I kept going along the canal and roadway all the way up to Dow's Lake where there are tons of tulips (Chris, you would hate it there, haha!). Anyway, I took tons of photos while biking around the area. There was a girl doing yoga there and I wish I had more courage because I would have loved to take some proper shots of her - perhaps I will get that bravery when I get my proper camera, you know, have the feel of a real photographer. Anyway, I really enjoyed myself, mind you getting home was long and tiring as I was biking against the wind and I had been going for about 2 hours. To make a long story a tiny bit less-long, it was a great day. Perhaps tomorrow I will go looking for those magnolias around Chris' new place (which happens to be just a few blocks from her old one haha).

1 comments:

Christine Sweeton 5:18 PM  

NOOOO, Not the tulips!! (I have to bike/walk through that tulip filled park on my way home from work each day, I'm not a fan)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP