Thursday, May 08, 2008

House Hunting

July 31st, 2008 will be our (Dave and I) official last day here at Unit 58. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate to be unprepared and always have some kind of plan, whether the plan is for the day or for the next year - so in preparation for the move I started researching houses (townhomes and apartments) for Dave and I to live in after July. I started looking places up in the beginning of April - mostly internet searches but also a little bit of driving around town and writing down apartment and townhome names (to look up later on the internet). Anyway, the paper part of the search is complete now and of course there is a spreadsheet system as well as some mathematical interpretations to properly compare places.

My paper research has lead me towards a couple different large companies, such as Minto Rentals, as well as a few private home owners. It has also informed me that I am leaning towards a townhome while Dave enjoys the all-inclusive feature of most of the apartment buildings. The reasons I lean towards townhomes it primarily the storage aspect, but also the fact that there are no elevators involved, private entrances and the fact that laundry facilities are within my home (I don't like the thought of having to go to a laundryroom and wait there with my stuff as it washes, I prefer to multi-task while I wash clothes).

I called Minto yesterday and Dave and I are going to look at our first option tonight at 5pm. I am really excited and am currently getting all the paperwork together so that when we go we are already informed of most of the features of the home and area. I plan on calling some other places tomorrow and setting up times to see them over the weekend and throughout the next week. Hopefully Dave and I will be able to decide on a place by the end of the month, if not earlier, so that we can finalize where we are going and I can have a sense of security (which I believe is my main drive to always have a plan - though most of the time, the plan is fairly flexible if not completely changeable).

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP