Wednesday, January 07, 2009

World's Longest Skating Rink

The Rideau Canal is officially opened - well part of it at least. A stretch of the canal from Pretoria Bridge to Bank Street is opened but deemed to have poor ice conditions so far. I am excited for the canal as previously stated (in another post) I bought myself new skates that shouldn't make my feet cry two seconds after they go on.

Chris is an avid user of the canal and I intend to finally take her up on her many offers to go skating. I also have to attempt to teach Dave how to skate as he never really learned when he was younger. Mind you I don't really know how to skate all that well either and I don't know how good I will be for Dave as I have figure skates and always have and therefore don't really know how to skate without the picks as I use them to stop and turn and pretty much everything else.

Dave's sister, Jess, is also supposed to come up on her reading week (in February I believe) and hopefully my old skates will fit her and she can come out with us on the ice too. The three of us will be quite funny looking as none of us are that great of skaters but it will be lots of fun.

I am hoping to have some fun, get some good exercise in and of course some wonderful photographs.

For more information and ice conditions check out this website as well as the hotline (613-239-5234).

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP