Monday, December 17, 2007

The Future

Dave has an interview tomorrow with a company in Mississauga. His friend from his frouth year project is currently employed by them got him the opportunity. It is really good for him - it is in his field and a really good idea. It is just that it is so far away. Chris brought up a good point the other day about it all: Everyone moves around once they graduate and eventually all our friends will be doing it, the only reason this is so hard for us is because we are the first people to do it. It made me think about everything and realize that it isn't a terrible idea for us to relocate. It has a good job market for both my and Dave's working fields and possibility for growth as well. The thing that is making it really hard is being so far from our friends and particularly my family. I know this is going to hurt my mom, me being so far away and it will hurt me just as much. I have gotten used to having them about an hour away. It is close enough that they can come and see me, I can go home whenever I want. It is far enough that I don't feel smothered or anything like that, not that I really have ever felt that way.
I don't want to jinx Dave, I want him to do his best at the interview and if it happens that they want to hire him, we will have to figure out living arrangments and everything since I have a contract with the City here until the end of February. I know everything will work out in the end, I just don't know how it it going to be. I wish I could get a preview of my life a few years from now so I would know what to do - what the best thing to do is. I am confused - and to be honest, a little scared.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP