Sunday, September 06, 2009

Groceries

Today Dave and I went grocery shopping for the first time in weeks. To be honest, we had been now and then to pick up this or that, but not a full grocery event and never enough to fill our fridge and/or cupboard. It has been so busy and frantic at work lately, that neither of us wanted to make anything when we got home. We would throw together some basic food and then buy lunch somewhere the next day. Tomorrow I intend on making a few dishes that we could have as lunches throughout the week and hope that I can keep it up.
I don't like spending so much money on food when for at least half the price I could make something myself and probably like it more. I have always tried to think of buying lunch as a portion of my work day. In other words, if my lunch cost 8 bucks and I made 16 an hour, then half an hour of my work day went to purchasing my food. Was the food really worth an additional 8 dollars? This has been my thought since I started working and has resulted in my usually only buying lunches once every week or two, with the exception of the past few months of course.
Hopefully we will be able to stop buying so many lunches and save some of money and put it towards something useful - not sure what that is though.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP