Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick Swayze

Patrick Swayze lost his battle to pancreatic cancer yesterday after fighting for over 20 months. He was diagnosed in January 2008 and underwent various treatments. While he was ill, the tabloids blasted images of him post treatments which disturbed me not because he looked sick, but rather because I found it to be a massive invasion of privacy.

Patrick Swayze is best known for his roles in Dirty Dancing and Ghost, both incredibly amazing movies in different ways. He was also a major heartthrob and was named sexiest man alive in 1991 by People Magazine. He was married for 34 years to Lisa Neimi. They were a very devoted couple and it is reported that she was by his side when he passed.
To me, Patrick Swayze will always be Johnny Castle, the dancing instructor at the posh camp who knew how to move and wouldn't let Baby sit in a corner.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP