Sunday, September 27, 2009

Millennium Park

Millennium Park is located along Michigan Avenue in Chicago and is the spot I spent the most time taking photos during my visit. It was only about a 15 minute walk from my hotel room and I was able to go there 4 times both during the day and at night.According to the website, it is an award winning centre for art, music, architecture and landscape design. I can vouch for the art, architecture and landscape design, but unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to listen to any of the concerts which take place in the large amphitheatre.It also happens to be the place where I completed my first assignment for my Composition and Design course. The below image is the large mercury orb, which is actually called the Cloud Gate, that was the primary subject for my urban landscape photos. I am unsure as to what the 10 means on the building in the background. The next night, it displayed a 9 so obviously it was some sort of countdown, but I don't know what it was counting down to. I can't seem to find any information about it online either. I think this was my favourite spot in Chicago. It was free and opened most hours and was of course beautiful. Even with the large number of people walking about the park, I was still able to get a great deal of shots with little to no people in them, which is always a big plus in my books. Returning to this location again and again during my trip did limit the number of other locations I was able to go to, but I thought it was worth it.

1 comments:

Christine Sweeton 9:42 AM  

Sorry I never ended up connected you with Teri's friend who was also in Chicago. Anyway, I gather that she loves 'The Bean' (The bottom picture you have here.) And when telling Ter about the trip mentions it as a Tourist Attraction that she visited, even though she has seen it a number of times.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP