Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Nintendo Wii

Dave and I have been looking into the Wii for quite some time. Originally I was going to purchase it back when he got the PS3 but figured that buying two consoles at the same time would lead to either fighting between who got to use to big television with their console or one console not getting played nearly as much as the other (with the latter scenario being more probably for us).
We ended up buying the Wii system this past weekend and have been playing it since. The reason we ended up buying it is because we got one as a Christmas gift for the Konings (who already know about it so on the off chance that they read my blog, I am not spoiling anything).
So far we only have Wii Sports but boy is it fun. The first day we played it, we tried out all the sports and realized that golf is the stupidest sport and we will likely never go back to it.
We went through the training levels and then tried our hand at the boxing fights which really kicked my butt, but I kicked Dave's so it was okay. We fought and played for about 4 hours and afterwards I was very tired and am now a little sore - but in a good 'I can feel my muscles' sort of way. It feels weird to play video games all day and yet be able to be happy with myself afterwards for being physically active.
We also purchased the Wii Fit Plus package (board and game) but we haven't tried it out yet. I suspect I will be equally sore and tired after it but also pretty impressed and pleased with it.
I want to buy a bunch of games that are out for the Wii like Mario Kart and Super Paper Mario, but for now I am just going to stick to Wii Sport and Wii Fit Plus.
(image found through Google)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP