Monday, May 31, 2010

Retired

Dave and I attended two retirement ‘parties’ this weekend; one for my mom and one for his dad.

My Mom worked as a nurse at a psychiatric hospital since she graduated from nursing college. She started off in the ward (working shift-work) and when I started high school she got a promotion to Outpatient Nurse. She would work in three different locations throughout the week helping many different patients. My mom is a very hard-working and dedicated person who helped teach me to be the same. She deserves her retirement and I hope she enjoys every minute of it. To celebrate, my Dad arranged a surprise dinner for her at one of their favourite places, the McIntosh Inn in Morrisburg. She seemed very happy to see all of us there (Tyler, Lynn, Dave and myself). We then went for a walk near the water in Morrisburg. It was a really nice evening – I am so glad my Dad set it up.


P1020957r

Dave’s dad retired from the fire department, in which he was a Captain. This is obviously I very honourable job as he risked his life on a daily basis to help save others. He too is a hard-worker and I know this is where Dave gets his work ethics. He will be spending just over half of each year here in Canada and the rest in Florida – that will definitely lead to a happy retirement. To celebrate, Dave’s parents and sister came to Ottawa for the day. We went out for lunch and walked around Hogs Back park and did a little bit of browsing around a few stores in Nepean. I really enjoyed the day and of course took tons of photos of everyone (and a few geese).30023_582184636352_119100136_34851249_5378048_n

1 comments:

Christine Sweeton 12:59 PM  

Congrats to your Mom and Dave's Dad!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP