Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I want to be healthy

On July 20th, 2006 I officially went back on the WW program. I did the program through the first term of third year and lost (and kept off) about 5 pounds in about 3 months. I was very disappointed with the turnout and stopped officially counting points. I always knew what I was eating and did not let my eating habits get out of hand but did not really count the points exactly. I did not gain any of the weight back but could not manage to lose anymore. Since I have started it this time, I am doing it 100% 'the way you are supposed to', in that I am combining it with real exercise on a regular basis instead of just pathetic now and then kind of exercising like before. I am very happy to say that I found out last week that I have officially lost ten pounds and managed to keep it off during my celebratory (controlled) week off. A whole ten pounds completely on my own without any needles or any of the other crazy things people do nowadays to lose weight.

I think the difference in my weight loss this time around is not so much the fact that I am doing it properly but really the reason behind my desire to lose weight. Before now my reasoning has always been to look better, like everyone else and all that jazz, this time around I am doing it because I want to be healthier. I want to live a long, healthy life and not need to worry about what diseases and ailments my weight is putting me at risk for. I want to be healthy more than I want to be thin - I feel that this is a much better motivator.

1 comments:

Christine Sweeton 3:24 PM  

Wow, Wow, Wow, I'm so jealous, congraduations!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP