Saturday, August 08, 2009

John Hughes

John Hughes, Jr - February 18, 1950 - August 6, 2009
John Hughes made some of the most memorable (and successful) movies of the 1980s and 90s. He was the writer and director of cult classics like National Lampoon's Vacation, Uncle Buck, Sixteen Candles and Home Alone. He understood the American teenager like no other filmmaker in the industry at the time, or arguably ever since.
My personal favourites of his films are Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Uncle Buck, Pretty in Pink and of course, The Breakfast Club. I can remember watching these movies on my VCR and then time and time again whenever they appeared on television - which was quite often. For a full listing of his films visit either Wikipedia or IMDB. He has not made a movie since 1991, but really, when your resume holds classics such as his, do you really need to give into Hollywood's new movie standards?
I really like the following article entitled 8 Things in John Hughes Movies You Won’t See in Today’s Teen Movies. All the points mentioned here are why Hughes' movies are such classics that can no longer be duplicated or remade to be any better than they already are.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP