Saturday, August 01, 2009

One Minute Writer #32

Write about something you made as a child.

I made lots of things when I was little as I was a very crafty child. I often made my parents Christmas gifts rather than buying them things as I thought it would mean more to them. Shortly after my grandmother died when I was 5, my grandfather gave back all the childhood pictures of my brother and I that my mom had given them. He wasn't a very sentimental person and was selling the house and living basically in his motor home as we drove around the states, so they were not going to be of any use to him. When I grew up a little, my mom gave them to me. I then proceeded to use them in crafts for my parents as my mom didn't mind if I cut them up or glued them into things. I made all sort of frames for them with our baby pictures in them and whatnot.
A really memorable gift I made my dad also relates to my grandfather. He used to make wood objects, like ducks and whatnot. He made a duck one sort of like a puzzle. There were about 14 different pieces to it and I painted each one a different mallard duck colour and then pieced and glued them together. I then gave it to my dad as he, like me, loves ducks and we often made trips of going out and watching them together. He had it in his office at work from then up until he retired. It now resides in their bedroom right next to the stand that holds his watch, wallet and wedding ring every night.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP