Wednesday, June 06, 2007

An Interesting Article

While surfing the net at work, during my designated break time of course, I came across this article about MMORPG - specifically WoW...it was actually really insightful and interesting.
This is one of my favourite lines of the article:
"But it's not just the physical image that changes. In that world, I am a dragon slayer. There, my reptutation and history are just as awe-inspiring as my look. Even now, much of the satisfaction for WoW gamers is in the very real sense of accomplishment they get, a person glowing with a burst of golden light when they gain a level in experience and strength. How can the real world compete with that? Wouldn't those long Calculus lectures have been easier to sit through if, every time you learned something important, gold light shot out from your body?"
Check it out: http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/wowworld.html

1 comments:

Christine Sweeton 4:29 PM  

4. You'll meet someone who plays an MMORPG for a living.
-I already know/knew people who did this, the future is here baby!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP