Thursday, June 07, 2007

A Geek

Yep so I was surfing the net again at klunch today and once again spent most of my time on www.pointlesswasteoftime.com. I was reading a couple articles there and came across this:
"...because the whole world knows a sci-fi geek is about six steps up the social ladder from a fantasy geek and studies show they have more sex."
Now that got me thinkning - is this really true. Personally I believe I am more of a fantasy geek than a sci-fi geek as I collect Myth and Magic figures and play Warcraft (and other such games) from time to time and of course - I generally enjoy dragons and anything having to do with dragons. So obviously I am a little baised when judging this comment as I would like to think that fantasy geeks were above sci-fi geeks wheni t comes to the social ladder. Now the guys I live with they are a sort of hybrid of sci-fi and fantasy geeks. They play Magic the Gathering and Warcraft and enjoy dragons but they also play Starcraft and enjoy Star Wars. So does that mean that they are above both sci-fi and fantasy geeks? Or are they rejected by both communities since they 'won't chose a side' and 'sit on the fence'?
When you think about it should we really be further dividing ourselves? I mean, society already identifies us as social outcasts unable to partake in a simple dinner conversation, should we really be further encouraging this by fighting amongst ourselves and creating a ranking order? Will there come a time when a sci-fi geek wants to date a fantasy geek and his friends turn on him and he is tossed aside? Come on now, a geek is a geek, right?
I know this isn't the most intellectual or enlightening topic but it gave me a way to pass the time until 3 0'clock rolls around and I get to go home and play RPGs like the geek I am.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP