Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Searching on the Net

I wanted to see how long it would take me to find my blog ont he net so I searched my name. When I did it just normally it took a while and several pages to find anything relating to me. Then when I went selected pages from Canada I instantly found something about me http://www.now.carleton.ca/2007-3/1569.htm - it's an article about a project I did this past school year on the City of Ottawa's Green Waste Program. Also on the first page of sites was this: http://www.prescottjournal.com/2001_archives/11-14-01.html a list of honour students from my high school (grade 11) which was printed in the Prescott Journal. Another article from the paper shows up on the second page of results, its about the double cohort year I was a part of: http://www.prescottjournal.com/2003_archives/06-18-03.html.
The only way to get to this actual blog (or my blogger profile) is to search all the net and to actually add +blog to the end of my name. Eventually you can get to my profile and my blog - but not as easily as I had hoped. You would think that this being a Google owned operation that when searching Google.ca you would be able to find their blogs easier - silly program.

1 comments:

Christine Sweeton 6:01 PM  

you on the carleton website? with a hot pic of you too? damn thats cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP