Sunday, January 17, 2010

Frazzled

The work is piling up and vacation is coming up for which I am not ready and I am really starting to get frazzled. I am frayed around the edges one might say. I am doing my best to stay on top of everything, but as soon as I feel like I have gotten a handle of things, I get another project at work, or need to get another thing accomplished at home.
Take the other day for example, I had a last minute site visit for a designated substance survey (DSS). It was to freshen up my skills with respect to DSSs as I haven't done a proper one in many months and am likely going to be doing one solo next week. After finishing that, I helped out Dave with a HazMat survey in the same building and didn't return to the office until nearly 3:30. I then answered many emails and phone messages, dealt with some invoices that were on my desk and prepped some field teams for some work they are doing for me the next day. 5pm rolled around and I was still in the office with tons of stuff to get around to doing.
The thing that is really getting me frustrated and frazzled right now is the fact that it is looking like I will be out of the office and out of town the last three days I am at work (before my vacation). This worries me because I am afraid I won't have time to get my projects in a state where I can leave them with others (or on their own) for two weeks. I spent most of Friday trying to once again catch up, and did a pretty good job of it, but will still have a lot of work ahead of me this week in order to be truly prepared for vacation.
Who knew taking time off could be so much work?!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP