Monday, January 18, 2010

Reformatting

Dave reformatted my laptop about a week ago and I am still dealing with the complications. Don't get me wrong, the reformat was exactly what this thing needed and I am very appreciative for the time and effort he put towards fixing my poor little laptop, but boy is it ever annoying to have to start from scratch on a machine I had set up just how I liked it. Reinstalling programs and downloading patches for games and software is very time consuming when I am already low on time. But, the reformat enabled me to get Photoshop CS3 reinstalled on my laptop and even got rid of all the viruses that were plaguing this thing. My laptop no longer asks me an invisible question every time I turn it on, and it of course turns on so much faster than it used to. I am thinking a regular reformat isn't necessarily a bad idea, once you get used to having to set it all back up that is - perhaps doing it in a less busy time of the year would be a better idea next time.

2 comments:

Christine Sweeton 11:01 AM  

STILL!!??!! Well I'm glad to see it is running smoother! (I may do mine again at some point, though I need an external drive frist for sure.)

Anonymous 5:02 PM  

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP