Friday, January 29, 2010

Manual Learning

Dave is always so patient when we go on Photo walks anywhere and helps me out a lot too by holding my equipment and carrying it around for me most of the time. Lately though he has shown an interest in actually learning how to take manual shot with the dSLR which makes me really happy. I love teaching people how to use manual settings as I feel it is the only way to use a dSLR.A while back we went on a photo walk near Prince of Wales and he played around with the settings for a while. I showed him how to read the internal light metre to try and get a starting point for his photos and he got it pretty quickly (not that I expected anything else from a guy as smart as he is). He seems to be enjoying taking photos more now that he can control the settings a bit. I am looking forward to showing him more about it all and trying to answer his questions to the best of my ability (there are some things that I just know, but have a hard time explaining).

1 comments:

Christine Sweeton 3:07 PM  

I feel like I'm a little out of touch with how to do it anymore. Even with a "old-style" one which I obviously used to understand really well. Auto is just sooooo much easier..... (When did I get this lazy?)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP