Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Damn You Lone Star!

Dave and I have always enjoyed Lone Star's fajitas. We have pretty much only ever gone on Mondays since that is the 'all-you-can-eat' night. Endless amounts of meat fajitas, rice, beans and toppings. Did you hear that Lone Star - TOPPINGS! That means endless amounts of cheese, lettuce and the other bits I don't eat (sour cream, guacamole, salsa).
If you haven't guessed already, when Dave and I went last night we learned that they have changed their menu and lowered their 'all-you-can-eat' standards. There are no longer endless supplies of toppings to go with your meat and fajitas. I was seriously disappointed. How can you have 'all-you-can-eat' fajitas with a pathetic amount of cheese (~ 2 Tbsp) and lettuce (~ 1/4 cup). That leads to either about 2 or 3 proper fajitas or just crappy fajitas where you can't taste anything but the meat anyways.
Dave and I did our best to eat as much of the meat as possible, but I am not a huge meat person and really can't eat that much. The rice was mushy and gross last night so I really didn't have much of that and neither or us like the beans all that much to begin with. It pretty much came down to the obvious fact that last night was our last visit to Lone Star. It might have been a tiny bit sad except for the fact that the hostess was distant, the waitress was a little weird and no one said good bye when we left.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP