Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Typical Work Day

Idea taken from Chris’ Blog.
6:01am: alarm goes off. I tell Dave “That was the first alarm”. He grumbles and we both go back to sleep.
6:10am: alarm goes off. I tell Dave “That was the second alarm”. He grumbles and we both go back to sleep.
6:19am: alarm goes off. Dave gets up and head to the shower.
6:40am: My turn in the shower.
7:00am: I am dressed and I head downstairs for breakfast which is eaten while watching Shamey (Shamus) on Canada AM.
7:30am: Head out the door to sit in the cold car while it warms up. Dave drives us to work.
8:00am: arrive at work where I check work and personal email then figure out what I have to do that day.
8:30am: others start arriving at work. This also happens to be the time when my work effort goes up significantly. I work from now until lunch writing reports, answering emails and phone calls from clients and coworkers and whatever else comes my way.
10:00am: If it is Monday, I attend the Monday Morning Meeting (MMM) where I give updates on all of my projects and the ones I am monitoring for other people. I am usually assigned a couple new tasks which really suck.
12:00pm: head to the kitchen and make myself my usual lunch and then proceed to Dave’s office (for now) where we eat lunch while surfing the net and making plans for anything that may or may not be happening that night.
12:30pm: head back to my own desk where I usually surf the net for a few more minutes and then get back to my report writing and other such tasks.
2:30pm: generally this is the time of the day where my work effort goes down the tube and I begin counting down the minutes until I head home. Small tasks are given to myself for the rest of the day as my brain has officially gone home and I am no longer capable of prolonged thought or conversation.
4:15-4:30pm: sometime during this time we head home but not before writing a note of whatever it was I was doing so I can remember the next day. We also have to ensure Dave has enough work to justify coming in the next day. I drive us home while Dave reads whatever book he happens to be on at the time.
5:00pm: start dinner and determine what we are going to do for the night (this usually consists of some sort of TV, movie or game – or combination thereof). If it is later on in the week we may have picked up a friend on the way home to hang out with and have dinner with.
6:30pm: If it is Tuesday, I head to class at Algonquin where I am generally bored enough to write things like this (guess where I am right now).
10:00pm: If it is Tuesday, I leave or have just arrived home from class at Algonquin.
10:00pm: Unless it is Friday, head to bed – usually with a movie in hand to fall asleep to.

1 comments:

Christine Sweeton 12:19 PM  

If it is Thursday you come home to me sitting in the entrance way and we work out.
(Except this Thursday because I'm going to Montreal.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP