Monday, March 30, 2009

One Minute Writer #3

Today's Writing Prompt: Entrepreneur
Write about a business you would like to start.

I have dreamt for years of starting my own photography business. I have been in love with photography for as long as I can remember and despite the fact I graduated from university with a degree in environmental engineering, I have always wanted to be a photographer. I am currently taking night courses in the field and am advancing my skills as much as possible. I am hoping that one day my dream will turn into reality if only as something I do on the side.

1 comments:

Unknown 11:56 PM  

When I used to work at my dad's photography store, I met a lot of full time photographers, of varying degrees. One of the best was a woman who had a knack for it, but just did it as a hobby. For a friend's wedding present, she decided to do the photographs. That friend's bridesmaids hired her, and their friends and suddenly she was booked every weekend from May until October.

You can make a lot of money off photography, and you already have everything you need to start - especially if you want to get into weddings. What you need is a descent camera, a good eye and the passion. And the brides would love you, that's key too.

I worked for a professional wedding photographer and he wasn't half as talented as you and made a fortune.

I think you're definitely on the right path, from my semi-experienced point of view. Learn everything you can, but remember when it comes down to it to take that leap and do what you want to do.

Why not try advertising for this summer, do a couple of weddings while you're still working during the week? See if you like it, if there's a client base for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP