Monday, October 12, 2009

Linked Within - Review

So I have decided to keep Linked Within on my main blog, and have got it up and running on my weight loss blog as well, but have left it off of my photography blog for now. I want to see how well it works on my weight loss blog first, as almost every post have the weight loss label (whereas in my photography blog, almost every post has the photography label). I want to see how it handles this and if it still relates to relevant posts.
On to the review of the add-on. I am really happy with how it has been working so far. At first, I thought it would only link back to old posts that had images in them, but after a little while saw that it listed ones with no pictures as well. I found this to be very handy as a lot of my related posts, for example my Quotable Thursday posts, have no images but I still wanted Linked Within to notice them.
It does take a while for Linked Within to start linking back to relevant posts. For example, when I posted the article in the work newsletter, it took a few hours for Linked Within to start referring readers back to posts about DST or work in general. It did eventually kick in, but the delay means that if someone comes across the site as I am publishing new posts, they may not stay long as what they is recommended to them won't necessarily be of interest to them (this of course assumes that they liked the new post and want to read more like it).
I have also found that if there are not enough posts with related topics, Linked Within will recommend different posts each time the page is loaded. This can be good and bad in that it could send people to other links, but could tick them off a little as the articles are completely unrelated.
Overall, I am happy with how Linked Within is working, and am pretty pleased with how seamlessly it merges into my existing blog. I am pretty sure the program has evolved and adapted to users' comments since it was first released some time ago, and am happy that I am starting to use it once all these suggestions have been put in place. I recommend fellow bloggers (who use labels and post about similar topics now and again) to get this add-on for their blogs.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP