Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Persistent Cough

Ever since I was little, whenever I get sick I get a really nasty, persistent cough. It would and still will last for weeks sometimes and always long after the actual cold is gone. The coughs are loud, and sometimes painful as they can lead to headaches and sore chests after a long night of coughing in my sleep. My mom says it sounds like I am barking. Cough syrup doesn't seem to do much for the cough, though it can decrease it ever so slightly. I have gotten used to them and the people around them seem to be getting used to them too.
Yesterday at work I was called into my boss' office and told that he had received a complaint about my coughs and asked me if there was work I could do from home. The complainer, lets call him Bob, is higher up in the company and his opinion matters so if there was any way to appease him, it would be done. Though I am no longer sick and will not be 'infecting' anyone in the office - I was sent home. I have several projects that can be done from home and as such I worked from home yesterday afternoon and will be doing the same all day today.
You may be thinking that this is not fair. The complaints of one person cannot send another one home. But this is awesome! Never has my persistent cough ever paid off so wonderfully! Working from home is so fun. I am going to get paid for writing my reports and databases from the comfort of my bed or couch while watching movies and TV in general. As long as there are no emergencies in terms of my other projects, it is going to be a great day.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP