Sunday, October 18, 2009

Yay I'm a Llama Again!

Dave and I enjoy movies in general, but have a rather large collection of children's movies (especially considering we have no children and no prospects of children in the near future). One we watch a fair bit is the Empire's New Groove. It is a Disney movie (their 40th in fact) and stars David Spade, John Goodman, Eartha Kitt and Patrick Wartburton.
Until I started dating Dave, I don't know if I had even seen this movie, let alone would have enjoyed it. That being said, since Dave and I watch it semi-regularly, perhaps every two months or so, I seem to have grown to like it, or at least grown accustomed to it.
*spoiler alert* (It is Disney and we all know how it goes, so I feel no shame it summarizing the story a little)
The story is simple, as all Disney movies are. The young, self-involved Emperor is going to destroy a local village so that he can build a summer retreat for himself. His long-time, and exceptionally old, advisor plots to kill him for having fired her but due to a clumsy and rather brainless lackey, potions get mixed up and rather than being killed, the Emperor is instead turned into a llama. The llama Emperor ends up in the small village he was going to destroy and the head of the village and he try to get him back to the castle. Long story short, llama Emperor and village leader become friends while the advisor and her lackey chase after them. There is a pretty funny chase scene and some great lines while they try to find the right potion to return him to his human form, including "Yay, I'm a llama again!". The Emperor eventually returns to his human self, lets the village leader know he is not going to use his village for his resort and instead builds it on the hill next to it.
All in all, the movie is very good and has quite a few jokes and lines in general that adults can enjoy - even if they don't have any children around when they watch it. And for all my squirrel readers out there, Squeak, squeaker, squeak, squeaking.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP