Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fear

Fear is a funny thing. Put in a fearful situation, some people freeze right up while others get so full of adrenaline that they are able to do the wildest things. I am afraid of some pretty normal things, come to think of it, I don't think there is anything that I am afraid of that the 'normal person' is not.

Things I am afraid of (in no particular order):

  • sharks;
  • vast amounts of natural water (large lakes, oceans, etc);
  • being completely and utterly alone in the world (not being the last person on earth, though that would qualify, but more like having no one who loves me or who is there for me, etc);
  • the dark;
  • the unknown;
  • extreme heights (everyday heights do not scare me, but abnormally high things do, like St. Paul's Cathedral or the CN Tower);
  • scary/horror movies; and
  • drastic change.
There are others, but I cannot think of them right now, so they can't scare me too much - or they scare me so much that I choose not to even allow myself to think of them right now. The thing that usually gets me more scared than anything else, is me. My imagination can get the better of me and that is why I find horror movies so scary. It usually isn't the movie itself but rather my imagination afterward.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP