Thursday, July 23, 2009

Parc du Mont Royal

After checking in at our hotel, Dave and I headed to Parc du Mont Royal. The drive there was very pleasant and a nice change from the hectic traffic ridden drive into the city. It was all uphill and had spectacular views of the city. There were some pro-level bikers using the hill as training ground and I found them to be very impressive. Once we parked and figured out where in the massive park we were, we started wandering aimlessly around. There were rock statues situated throughout the park which would have made for some great shots if the sky had been a little nicer. I did however, manage to take a few shots of some of the more ornate and natural looking ones, like the above picture. I am not entirely sure what this one was supposed to be, and doubt anyone can help me since this is a very close-up shot, as most of my shots tend to be, but I found it to be very interesting looking.We then walked around the park and into the Mont Royal Cemetery which is nearby. I know this seems weird, visiting a cemetery on your vacation, but I find them to be very beautiful and this one was no exception.The place was packed of tombstones and mausoleums but didn't have very many living people when we were there, though it is very large and it would be easy to walk through it and never see anyone, despite them also being there with you.
It was a very nice walk, but by the end I was utterly exhausted and we ended up spending the rest of the night in our hotel room watching cable TV and eating lasagna I made us in our microwave, which was delicious.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP