Friday, July 03, 2009

New Stuff

In the Sims 3 the people enjoy it when they get new stuff and get a mood booster for a couple of Sim hours. It is a nice little booster because all you have to do is buy them something new and make sure they are around when you purchase it.
I bring this up because this past weekend Dave and I purchased new clothes and a shiny, new fan for the living room. Shortly after the fan was put together, I realized that I too get a mood booster of sorts just after I have purchased a new item. I love the actual act of purchasing things and then the later acts of assembling or arraning/organizing the new item and of course just the simple act of knowing I own something now that I didn't before. It is very materialistic of me, but I can be quite materialistic. But, unlike the Sims, it does not have to be the very best item for me to be pleased with my purchase - I tend to be just as delighted about an item from the dollar store as one from a more expensive name brand store. I just love new stuff.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP