Friday, July 17, 2009

Rent Increase

Every year, landlords can increase their rent by a percentage outlined in the Tenant and Landlord Act. This year was the first time I have ever actual had this used on me. Minto Corporation is our landlord and as an actual corporation rather than an independent landlord, they have certain advantages to them, but they also have some disadvantages, one being the fact that they know what they are doing very well. They are a well oiled machine that knows how to work the Act to their advantage, like increasing the rent in a timely fashion. I don't really have a problem with paying an additional $9.80 to live here, and know that I myself would be increasing the rent as allowed on an annual basis if I was a landlord. I still feel like this place is well worth the money we pay for it and am still very much in love with it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP