Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Whale Watching Raincheck

As I have previously mentioned (multiple times now), Dave and I had planned a trip to the East Coast this summer, but this has since been canceled in lieu of a 'new' car and an extended trip to Montreal and Chris' cottage. This makes me a little sad as I very much wanted to go whale watching. I have always wanted to capture an image like the one below, and though I know it is very rare, it would have been amazing.
(image from: here)
Our trip will be postponed and I will take a raincheck on whale watching until next year when hopefully there are less unforeseen, money-guzzling circumstances.
Chris was able to go whale watching on the west coast this summer and had the 'pleasure' of witnessing an pod of Orcas (killer whales) hunting sea lions. A truly spectucalur, yet dismal display of the natural world.

1 comments:

Christine Sweeton 2:38 PM  

Whale watching is awesome and seeing the sea lion thing was pretty amazing (however the guide says it happens to about 2 or 3 boats a year and they run tours about 10 times a day for 8 months, so beyond amazing, it was insanely lucky). While awesome, it was not really photographable. I'm sure when you go you will get great shots however, it is a wet ride so I'm sure you will be concerned about your camera, and they don't do the big flippy things very often, many tours just see fins. So yes, when you go, prep for the rare factor so as to not get your hopes up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP