Friday, November 27, 2009

One Minute Writer #48 and Vacation 2010 (#1)

What is the furthest you traveled from home as a child? Describe the experience.

My parents were not the traveling type. We went on a few vacations but never very far, usually just Toronto for the theme park or random places where ball tournaments were being held.

I remember when I was in grade 10 my best friend at the time and I went on a road trip with my Dad up north. We traveled up the Trans-Canada Highway to Cochrane and then took the Polar Bear Express to Moosonee. I had made the trip before when I was much younger with my family, but didn't remember much of it. This second trip was really great, except for the fact that I got terrible heat stroke when we were on Moose Factory Island.

When I was in grade 2, we went to Disney for Christmas and it was wonderful! We drove down, which took two days, and apparently I requested we stop at every state line to take a picture, but I don't remember this. You would think I could look at the pictures, but my mom opened up the back of the camera to change the film before rolling the previous one, so they were destroyed. Oops. We spent an entire week in Disney. We stayed in one of the hotels within the Disney property and rode the convenient bus into the park each morning. It was a really great trip, that I remember pieces of, but not entirely.

Since then, I haven't traveled too much, obviously there was my London trip and the annual Cottage trips, but other than those no real vacations to speak of. Dave and I have planned and have started booking a trip to Florida this upcoming February though. His parents have given us a very kingly gift of 4 days (3 nights) in Disney plus tickets to the permanent Cirque show within Disney (La Nouba). We are spending two weeks in Florida, so that we will have enough time to enjoy ourselves both in Disney and at his parents place down there as well. We have a few plans other than Disney like Busch Gardens and Sea World, but nothing too concrete. We want to relax and just be able to enjoy ourselves as much as possible. As we are using our vacation time so early in the year, I don't really know what it will mean in terms of any other 2010 vacations, but I am sure we will figure something out. I am really excited for this trip and can't wait for it to come. We have ordered our plan tickets and the Konings have already gotten the Cirque tickets and are currently getting the Disney stuff set up - it should be a really awesome vacation!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP