Sunday, November 01, 2009

Fat Princess Review

Fat Princess is a Playstation 3 game (PS3) that Dave downloaded and started playing a little while back. Essentially it is capture the flag but instead of a silly, boring flag you need to capture and/or protect a princess who by eating cake fed to her by you and your teammates can get very, very fat.
You are placed on either the red or blue team and need to rescue your princess from the opposing team while keeping their princess captive in your castle. You can do this by being as of the following classes: warrior, ranger, priest, mage and worker. There are different maps (or levels) and to be honest, you can play different types of games than the basic capture the princess type, but in my opinion, it is the best.
When Dave heard about this game and showed me the trailers, I though it was a good game - for him. I knew he would really enjoy it and could spend endless hours mastering each of the classes. I never really thought I would get into it as it isn't really economy based or time management or the type of game where you focus on your own character, leveling it up and gaining better skills, etc. That being said, after watching Dave play for a little while, I was definitely interested. He handed me the controller for the first time when he needed to eat some food and didn't want to stop playing. I collected cake and fed it to the princess and ended up getting him a trophy for doing so. I ended up playing on my own account and am now in love.
I have been playing the game for a couple of months now and have really started to perfect one strategy. I start of playing as the worker and collect wood and ore (the two resources in the game) in an effort to upgrade the worker and then the priest. Usually I have to collect enough resources to upgrade (each class is upgradeable which gives them a second 'hat' enabling them to perform a second ability) at least three classes as I am not the only one trying to upgrade their favourite class. As you may have deduced by my previous statement (and the large graphic to the right), the priest is my preferred class. Once it is upgraded it can heal as a white priest or suck health from the opposing team members as the dark priest (wahahahaha). I enjoy running around, sucking people down to their last little heart (health) and then whacking them with my stick (as you cannot actually suck their life completely). I also enjoy switching hats repeatedly throughout the battles and healing as necessary. I find that I am getting really good at it, and tonight's games proved that more so. I won (placed first over both teams) in three consecutive games. I then handed the reigns over to Justin who is now playing and focusing his efforts in learning the ranger, which is a class that I have never really been drawn to.
At $15 dollars the game is pretty cheap. It is also pretty easy to get as you merely download the game from the PS3 store. The only expensive part of this game is the actual PS3, but lets ignore that factor for now shall we? You can play the story, and the maps themselves on your own (ie. with computers players comprising the remaining parts of your team and the opposing one) but I find the online games are much more enjoyable and rewarding. There are many PS3 trophies to obtain so the game, which force you to try different classes and strategies and in doing so, you learn different strategies for winning each level. A patch was recently released that fixed a few bugs and brought into play a new map, which is quite large and in my opinion different than the other maps - but that is likely just because it is new to me. I think everyone who has a PS3 should purchase and install this game and start playing right now - go feed the princess!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP