Tuesday, May 26, 2009

2 Years

We had to make the incredibly hard decision two years ago to put Eddy down. He had been diagnosed with kidney failure and was slowly deteriorating. It was hard to see this previously chubby puppy so skinny that his collar could slip off without even a tug. Putting him down was the right thing to do - he was suffering and he didn't deserve to.
He was a true friend, always there for you and always wanting to protect everyone he loved. With his big ears that wouldn't stand up and his ID tattoo that wasn't actually his he was definitely a unique dog (though he thought he was people). He could be incredibly annoying but we loved him even more for it. He carried our family through some tough times and never asked for anything, well maybe a timbit.
I still think of that day as one of the hardest of my life and I still miss him dearly - I think I always will. I love you Eddy.

As a side note: The above photo may seem like a regular pet picture - but it means so much to my mom and I. It was taken the day before we put Eddy down and he was not feeling so well. When he was well, he would give kisses all day long but once he got sick he stopped giving them out so much and they became few and far between. I was so happy that this day he gave my mom some kisses and I was able to catch them on 'film' for her. I know she misses those kisses very much.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP