Monday, May 11, 2009

One Minute Writer #10

You are given the opportunity to be an apprentice for one year. Under whom will you apprentice?

If time was not a factor I would love to go back and apprentice with the either Yousuf Karsh or his brother Malak Karsh. The brothers were amazing photographs but in two very different areas.
Yousuf Karsh (who was known as Karsh) was famous for his portraits - particularly celebrity ones such as Winston Churchil and Albert Einstein. I would love to learn his secrets of capturing the person so accurately on film.
Malak Karsh, who went as Malak to separate himself from his older brother, took amazing photographs of nature. He lived in Ottawa and spent a great deal of time photographing the Tulip Festival, which as we all know I absolutely love. I would love to walk around the festival with him today - I know I would learn so much about an event I already love so much. I think it would also be neat to be 'a fly on the wall' while the two brothers were having a discussion about photography.
In today's era, I would love to apprentice with Steve McCurry. He was the National Geographic photographer who took the famous photo of the "Afghan Girl". His photos envoke so much emotion and political angst it makes everyone want to do something to fix the world. Steve McCurry offers a course where you can go out in the field with him. You can shoot alongside him and then he will go over your portfolio with you. It is very expensive but it is something I would love to do once I get better acquatined with his style of photography and portraiture in general.

(all images found through Google.)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP