Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Feathers

This weekend Dave and I finally went shopping to replace the ratty pillows and blankets we have on our bed. Initially I was just going to buy us some cheap pillows and comforters (like the ones we had been using) but we actually got some really nice ones. I even got a nice feather pillow from Zellers!!


We then travelled to Ikea and bought ourselves feather duvets (left) and duvet covers (right). We sleep with two twin blankets (and then have a large queen for the cold winter nights) as we tend to steal blankets from each other and someone ends up with a cold, uncomfortable sleep.
The duvet and duvet covers were really quite inexpensive (the entire bedding cost us less than $200) and are really warm. They look really good with the brown pillow cases we bought for our new pillows and the rest of the stuff we have in the bedroom (admittedly this isn't much as our bedroom hasn't really been decorated) like our curtains.
I have always wanted feather duvets as they are warm and comforting and seem really luxurious to me so I am of course extremely happy with out purchases. I love the sound a new comforter makes - that crinkly goodness before it gets broken in, but now all I want to do is lie around in bed.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP