Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Facebook Aps

I have never really been a fan of the Facebook Applications (Aps). There are tons of them out there that quiz you on different subjects or tell you about some aspect of your life. There are also ones that are little games or objects to send all your Facebook friends. I have installed a couple and then quickly uninstalled them as I really didn't find them interesting or fun at all. Like I said, I have never really been a fan of Facebook Aps - until Farm Town.
Farm Town is a Facebook Ap that is basically a little economy based game (like the economy side of any RPG or strategy game). You plant trees and crops in your little farm and gain experience. You sell these harvested crops for coins and are able to plant more trees and crops. If you don't get them harvested in time, they rot - well the crops do, trees do not rot. The funny aspect of this game is that you actually make more coin if you get other farmers (players) to harvest your crops for you and you harvest their crops. This is very unlike real life in which you would always try and harvest your own crops so that you didn't have to pay any farmhands, but I suppose it is all about Internet socializing.
I have gone up in levels pretty quickly in this game and am loving it - it is pretty addicting but you can't really play it too long as the crops grow in semi-real time (ie. a grapes field will take 4 hours to grow before it can be harvested and other crops like sunflowers take 3 days) and there is really no point in gaining a billion coin from harvesting other farmers' crops.
I think if you have Facebook you should get Farm Town - whether you are an Aps fan or not.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP