Tuesday, June 02, 2009

One Minute Writer #16

Write about an experience that made you feel like a "grown up."

There have been several experiences in the past little while that have made me feel like a "grown-up": the car accident (or rather dealing with the car accident), the purchase of the new car, getting the taxes without my parents (and filing as a common-law couple with Dave), Jess graduating tomorrow, driving to and from parents' homes (mine and Dave's) without their assistance, dinners with friends during which we talk about the economy, co-workers getting engaged, friends from back home getting married and/or having children, thinking about getting a dog, and just turning 25 in general. So many things have made me feel grown-up and I don't know if I really mind. Sure the care-free days of childhood were great, but they came with a loss of freedom and though now I have responsibilities and have to go to work almost everyday, I am able to afford really cool stuff and do things I was unable to before. I just don't know if I want to grow up anymore.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP