Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One Year at 1212

As of June 18, 2009 , Dave and I have been renting our house at 1212 for a full year!! Isn't it exciting?!
Last year at this time, I was packing our stuff into totes, boxes and bags and we were slowly, but surely, moving them over to the new house any way we could (Thanks Yan for letting us use your car so much). After about 7 car trips, 2 or 3 bike trips and one long walk we had most of the small, non-everyday items moved.
Mom and Dad came up the beginning of July and helped us move our larger items over to the new house (thanks to all the friends who came and helped out), which took about 4 truck loads, with the trailer in tow! It wasn't until we were trying to fit it all in the house that I realized just how much stuff Dave and I owned (okay mostly just me).
Shortly after moving in, we started a garage sale pile that never made it to a garage sale and is still located in our basement. A large portion of our items are still in boxes, totes and bags to this day and will likely never be unpacked. They too could probably be sold or donated as we likely will never need or use them again.
I love our house so much and have really enjoyed the last year living in it with Dave. We have been able to purchase larger and nicer items without the fear of them being broke or mistreated, not that any of our past roommates would purposely do either of those things. We have started our own garden in tiny backyard and a gym in our basement. Our house is a compilation of stuff from our parents' homes as well as a few things we have bought for ourselves and is slowly getting closer to 'our style', though at the moment I couldn't tell you what that is. It is perfect for the time being and I hope the next year is as joyful as this past one has been.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP