Sunday, June 07, 2009

Haikus

When I was in elementary school we learned what a Haiku was. Basically it is just a short poem consisting of three lines. The first line has 5 syllables, the second 7 syllables and the third 5 syllables. I wrote them every now and then and always chose them as a poetry form when choice was given. When I was in residence at university I covered our bathroom full-length mirror in Haikus and silly phrases and didn't have much difficulty thinking of them.
I am writing this post because I want to start writing Haikus again as they are creative and thought invoking without taking a great deal of time or effort to create. I want to try of write at least one Haiku each week for a little while and see how it goes.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP