Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Minute Writer #20

Write about the first item you remember saving up to purchase.

The first thing I remember saving up for were twin dolls.
When I was little, sometime around grade 2 or so, my Mom's Dad gave me $50 for Christmas. My parents matched that and I therefore had $100, which is an unheard of amount for someone that young. I knew exactly what I wanted - twin dolls from Canadian Tire.
The old Canadian Tire in Prescott had this backroom where most of the toys were and that is where I had found the dolls a few days or weeks earlier. They were matching dolls, one boy and one girl in a blue and pink outfit and with brown and blonde hair respectively. They had soothers and would cry if they were not in their mouths (as long as the dolls were turned on). They were much higher quality than any other crying doll on the market and in my opinion are still higher quality than most dolls on the market today. I loved them very much and my friends and I played with them for years. I took them to show and tells at school and daycare and pretty much dragged them to every ball and hockey game Tyler played in. Stephanie and Stephen were their names as I had just learned what the male version of my own name was and for whatever reason named them both after myself. They are still stored at my parents house with all the rest of my toys and are still great dolls which were well worth the money.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP