Monday, June 15, 2009

Pixar's UP!

I don't mention it very often here, but I love movies. I love seeing movies in theatre and at home. I like watching my favourite movies over and over again until I know them by heart, eg. Empire Records. I enjoy our vast movie collection and like to watch it grow, it will soon need another cabinet to contain it all as the entertainment unit if almost full. One of my favourite cleaning activities around the house is to find all of our DVDs and put them away in the unit, alphabetically of course.
One of my proudest movie collections, and most watched, is that of the (Disney) Pixar movies and movies similar in style to them such as Robots and Meet the Robinsons. I believe the collection started with the Incredibles, possibly my favourite Pixar movie, and grew from there. I recently finished the collection (ones released on DVD to date of course) by purchasing Pixar Animated Shorts collection Volume I. This set includes shorts made by Pixar from the very beginning up until last year or so, everything before WALL-E I believe. It will be some time until Volume 2 is released.
Dave and I also recently went to the theatre at South Keys and watched UP!, which is Pixar's most recent movie. It is a story about an old man and his attempt to follow his dreams. I won't give too much away, but there are some really sad, touching moments in the movie as well as hilariously, funny ones. Pixar definitely kept up its reputation of super movies and great animation with this one. John Ratzenberger of course has a role in the movie although this time it is pretty small in comparison to his characters in some of the older movies like Toy Story.
Speaking of which, try to name the characters John Ratzenberger has played in the following Pixar movies (without using Google, IMDB Wiki, etc.):
Toy Story and Toy Story 2 (as well as the upcoming Toy Story 3)
A Bug's Life
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo.
The Incredibles.
Cars.
Ratatouille.
WALL-E.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Eddy Oliver Beach

Eddy Oliver Beach
Nov. 2, 1998 - May 26, 2007

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP